Your kitchen can be a more familiar and preferred place for entire family, if you redo it. Granite countertop can help you in making your kitchen a better place. The kitchen countertop plays an important role in deciding the look and feel of the entire kitchen. You can change your kitchen’s interior by considering the kitchen countertop replacement. A new granite countertop can make your kitchen appear livelier, and also there are many perks of working on granite surface. However, you should consider more kitchen countertop options, and make the apt choice according to your needs and requirements.
Things to know about granite countertops
Just like any other material, granite has its own advantages and disadvantages. In order to make sure that is granite the right material for your kitchen counter, you should learn about its pros and cons. The more you know about the material, the better choice you can make for your kitchen.
Pros of granite countertop
- Granite countertops increase the value of the kitchens. This material looks elegant in the kitchens. It can instantly convert your mediocre kitchen into a high-end kitchen.
- Granite is really very tough stone, and thus it is highly durable. It can withstand rough cooking. This material is even apt for commercial kitchens.
- Granite countertops have natural look and feel. It has natural textures and patterns. Thus, when you install granite countertop, you get the earthy feeling.
- Granite is a sleek and non-porous material. It does not promote the bacteria growth. Thus, you get clean and hygienic cooking surface.
- Granite countertop is really very easy to clean. Soap water and cloth is all you need for cleaning. However, it is highly recommended to clean the spills right away.
- Granite is a repairable stone. In case your countertop gets cracked or chipped, you can get it repaired.
- Granite is a heat resistant material. You can directly put hot pan and pot on your countertop.
- Granite has extremely flat surface. It gives you the perfect place for cooking cakes and cookies.
Cons of granite countertop
- Granite is an expensive material. If you are planning budget friendly kitchen renovation, then granite is not an option for you.
- Granite countertops require regular sealing.
- Your granite countertop Morrisville nc can be forever stained if you seal it with existing stain.
- Granite is quite heavy material. It requires additional structural support.