Granite is a natural stone that is not only beautiful, but durable also. This stone can be an amazing choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops. There are many contractors and companies selling fabricated granite countertops. This countertop is literally available in plenty of colors, textures, designs, cuts and qualities. In order to make the right granite countertop purchase, multiple considerations should be made before actually making the commitment.
Purchasing granite countertops
The quality of granite material varies and hence the cost. You can find luxury granite as well as affordable granite countertops in the market. The beauty of quality granite will obviously lure you towards it, but you need to be careful while selecting the apt granite surface for your kitchen or bathroom.
Tips for purchasing granite countertops
- Visit granite showroom and explore the varieties in the granite countertops. You will find endless patterns in granite. It is not possible to understand the granite variations simply by browsing the catalogs. Collect the samples of various granites from different showrooms and compare them. Contrast the samples against size, color and decoration of your room.
- Invest in the thick granite surface. The thicker the granite, the more durable it will be. While purchasing the granite, look for sample that is at least 1 inch thicker. The thin countertops are fragile. They can be easily damaged by load and stress.
- Check the countertop for hairline cracks and pits. They increase the natural beauty of the countertop, but can also make it more fragile. Ask your granite contractor Raleigh nc or seller to explain about the imperfections, and if they can cause harm. Granite countertops are quite expensive make sure to invest your hard-earned money on the right piece.
- Ask for customized edge to fit with your cabinet. Not all contractors offer customization services, but those that do can give you a countertop that is more beautiful and fits aptly in your kitchen or bathroom. If it is okay for you, then bevel edges are trending these days.
- Invest in seamless granite countertops. These are quite expensive, but they look better than the non-seam ones. They even last longer.