Whether you are building a new kitchen or remodeling the old one, kitchen countertop surface is one of the primary things to consider. Kitchen countertop is one of those parts of kitchen which not only increases the aesthetic value of the kitchen, but also provides a comfortable working surface.
Selecting kitchen countertop material
The availability of various countertop materials made it really difficult for homeowners to select one for their kitchens. However, every material has its own pros and cons. It is important to consider the every aspects of the material before choosing it for your kitchen.
Granite is one of the most popular countertop materials. It is the first choice of homeowners when it comes to kitchen countertop surface.
- It offers excellent resistant to heat and scratches
- It is available in many different colors
- It often requires sealing
Solid surface Countertops
These manmade countertops are gaining a lot of popularity. It is made from acrylic and polyester.
- It is not porous material, hence it is low-maintenance
- It is not resistant to heat and scratches
Quartz is also known as engineered stone. The quartz countertops are made from quartz chips and resin.
- This countertop is easy to maintain
- It is available in many colors
- It is pricey
There is nothing more beautiful than marble countertop. Incomparable in terms of its beauty and veining, marble is an untraditional choice for kitchen countertop surface.
- This countertop material looks beautiful in kitchen as well as in bathroom
- It has excellent heat resistant capacity
- It is very susceptible to stains,
Tile is an inexpensive countertop material. This type of countertop surfaces are found in modular kitchens.
- It is heat and stain resistant
- It is available in limitless colors and designs
- Tile countertops provide uneven surface
- It can’t stand moisture
Soap stone Countertops
Soap stone is another countertop material which is getting popular among homeowners. The soap stone countertop provides value for money.
- Soap stone has natural softness
- These countertops get darker over time
- It needs polishing and oiling to stay in the good condition
- It can crack over time