Choosing the bathroom vanity countertop material to remodel your bathroom can be an uphill task since they are different kinds of materials you can use. When it comes to bathroom countertop the biggest decision is mostly on cost and style as there is not so much activity in the bathroom. The material you choose should bring out beauty and elegance. To get a visual look of the materials to use visit the granite company and consult with the various materials available. In this article, we take you through the various material you can use for the bathroom vanity countertop.
Reasons for Changing the Bathroom Countertop
- Modern Look
If you move into a house with a bathroom model that old fashioned then you will need to change the look of your bathroom to a more modern one.
- Better Use of Space
The bathroom space you have may be too crowded and you are looking to make better use of the available space.
- Make the bathroom brighter
You may want to remodel your bathroom to make brighter and appealing
- Perk up the Value of your House
A well-installed bathroom vanity countertop will give your house that outstanding look and make look your look more valuable
The Top Surface Materials to Use for Your Bathroom Vanity Countertop
Over the years, granite has continued to retain the top spot due to its beauty and variety of colors and patterns. Granite bathroom countertops will give you the option to complement your bathroom cabinets to bring out a stylish and a classic bathroom.
Advantages of granite
- Countless options when it comes to color and pattern. You will find a match for your bathroom.
- Granite is heat resistant, durable and once sealed will need minimal maintenance.
- Last forever when well taken care of without fading or changing color
- Granite countertops will perk up the value of your house.
- Its scratch resistant
- It remains one of the most expensive natural stones
Granite is sensitive and delicate and it’s crucial that it’s installed by an expert for the best outcome. The granite installer will also be able to advise on how to clean different countertop materials.
Solid Surface Countertop
The solid surface is made of crushed stones bound by acrylic resin. It’s a homogenous countertop that comes in a variety of colors.
- It’s one of the most nonporous surface making it one of the easiest and simple maintenance countertops available. The nonporous nature will help in keeping bacteria and soap stains away in the bathroom.
- Homogenous in nature making it easy to match with the bathroom cabinets.
- Easy to repair in case of damage.
- The solid surface is seamless
- Intense heat can damage the surface
Marble is an extremely beautiful countertop that will give your bathroom such an outstanding look. Marble countertops come in a variety of color and give you the chance to choose one that best suits you.
- It will last long and hardly chips and dents
- Can be polished to give it a better shine
- Requires sealing often to prevent stains
Quartz has been in use as a bathroom countertop for years and its one of the hardest stone. Quartz is stain resistant and it’s therefore ideal for your bathroom countertop.
- Quartz is a tough material and does not require regular sealing
- Its stain resistant and will not harbor bacteria or moisture
- Comes with many edge profiles
- It’s quite expensive
- Silestone Countertops
Silestone is known for its durability and the porous nature, its stain resistant and it’s therefore ideal for bathroom countertops.
- Scratch resistant
- Nonporous and that makes it easy to clean and keep out bacteria
- Stain and heat resistant
- Silestone just like quartz is quite expensive
Whether you choose a granite countertop Durham, quartz, marble or Silestone material that you choose should bring out the elegance of your bathroom space. Consult the granite company on the best option for your bathroom. Take into consideration the use of the countertop, the number of people using the bathroom and your budget while choosing the material. Some materials will work best in small spaces, while others are perfect for huge spaces. With the above knowledge on each material choose one that will bring the beauty and elegance of your bathroom.